Our Story

Our Story . . .

In 1938, a small group of worshipers began meeting in a home. A home next door provided additional Sunday School space. The group quickly out grew their space and began meeting in the Masonic Hall in Burlington. This small congregation called their first pastor to lead them.

Several years later a lot was purchased at 127 Markham Street. A small building was constructed for worship by men and women of the church including bricks which they made themselves.

After functioning for seven years as an independent holiness group, the need was felt to unite with an established denomination. The recommendation was made that the church unite with the Church of the Nazarene. A congregational vote was unanimously adopted and in October of 1945, First Church of the Nazarene was organized with 29 charter members.

New church facilities were built in 1966 and with a great faith a move was made to the present location on Chapel Hill Road and Elder Way.

Father's Day weekend of 1999 the Family Life Center was dedicated to God's glory. This facility, consisting of a much needed kitchen, gymnasium and fellowship center, also provides additional rooms for children's activities, Sunday School and meetings.



 

  July 2018  
SMTWTFS
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    
     
Bible Search